Are you new to the online world of the slots? Or maybe you have played a few times at a land based casino, had so much fun but the online slots confuse you. It is true that slot machines have come a long way since the original one arm bandit, but rest assured, there is very little difference between playing the slots in an actual casino and an online casino.
The first thing you need to understand is that any casino, or the house, as it is fondly referred to, has the edge over gamblers. Having said that, the good news is that there are ways to decrease their advantage. You just need to know which games to play, how to place your bets and most importantly, how to keep your feet on the ground in the midst of the excitement and glamour.
Before we begin to run you through the tutorial, select a game, any slot game, sit for a minute and observe your screen. Slot machines all have the same visual, reels and colourful symbols and when you strip them down to their basics, you will find that all slot games work the same way. Let’s begin to understand what you are seeing on your screen.
Always begin with a quick study of your “Pay Table”. Just click the icon, usually close to the bottom of the game screen. A pop up will be launched which will tell you everything about the game. Just take a few minutes to see which the winning combinations are and how much you will be awarded when you land them. It will also tell you what the bonus rounds are and the maximum and minimum prizes. If the game features a Progressive Jackpot, take note of how many lines you need to play to be eligible for the jackpot.
“Bet Per Line” – Traditional slot machines had three horizontal lines, but our slots today have reels that run in many directions, diagonally, horizontally, or even zig zaggededly, but they all work the same way. Look for the words Bet Per Line or Lines and Bet on your screen.
This is where you get to decide how much money you want to wager per line. For example, If you are betting 10c per line and you choose to play 15 lines, you will be betting a total of £1.50 per spin.
Depending on the game you have chosen, you might see the words “Number of Lines” on your screen. Here you must select how many lines to play, but you only find this on slot games that have multi lines.
“Maximum Bet” – Your maximum bet is the highest number of coins possible to bet per line. Be careful here as sometimes the machine is set to play the highest amount and it is up to you to change the values. This is where you can choose to gamble your bet per line multiplied by the number of lines. In other words, this is where you see how much your next spin will cost you.
Don’t feel intimidated by all the information on the screen. Once we have taken you through every word on your screen, you will realise that playing the slots is not only simple but more fun than you can imagine! Now that we have selected how much money you will be playing per spin, we’ll tackle your “Balance or credit.” It is updated automatically with your every spin and lose or win a round and the amount will change to reflect your result. Always keep your eye on this value as it will tell you exactly how much money you have left to gamble.
The Display box usually features the letters “Win”. This is the most exciting part of your slot game as it is the little bit of information that tells you how much you have accumulated in winnings. Every time you win, the total will be accrued to the new amount.
Slot machines commonly have three reels, but you can find four or five reels with around sixteen to twenty four symbols printed around them. Each play spins the reels and depending on the combinations that land on the reels, you either win or lose.
The “Auto Button” is what you select when you need to step away from the machine for a few minutes. When you click on this button, the machine will keep spinning automatically. Your winnings and losses will be automatically reflected on your balance. You can stop this function when you choose to.
“Payable or Payout” tells you the amount you could win, and the amount won respectively.
“Spin or Play” – Now that you have selected your coin denomination, how many bets per lines you wish to play and have approved your maximum bets, the only thing left to do is press your Spin or Play button and let the fun begin.
Since the Vegas slots of the 60’s right up to today’s modern, colourful and innovative varieties, slot games have always provided the most fun and excitement. Whether you choose to play a more classic online slot game or a modern video slot with Multipliers, Wilds, Bonus features and video animations, once you know the basics, you will find it very easy to play any game. Let’s define the varieties of slot machines you will find online:
– The more traditional varieties, they are very similar in that they both have three or five reels. As a rule, however, classic slots only have three reels and one to five paylines. They pay out fixed amounts and offer almost no bonuses or special surprises.
These are the machines that in their heyday were called One Arm Bandits. Here’s three games based on the classic slots that you can enjoy right now: Sizzling Hot Deluxe, Quick Hit Platinum and Double Diamond.
– At the opposite end of the spectrum are the multiline slot machines which offer multiple payout lines, often between five and fifty lines. Playing more lines increases your chance of winning, but it will also increases your total bet per spin. If you are not yet familiar with regular slots, this is not one to play straight away as the lines on the screen look like an underground subway and can get confusing. But when you decide that you are comfortable enough to try these slot games, the excitement escalates with every spin.
Always check the number of paylines offered before spinning the reels. Some Multiline slot games only offer a bonus game if you bet on a certain number of lines.
For example, in the very popular slot game called Cashman, the Bonus is only triggered if the player has activated all the paylines. Other top games to try are: Tomb Raider, The Gladiator, The Hulk and Beach Life.
– Very similar to the classic slots but with special features not usually found on the more traditional games. A bonus game unlocks during regular gameplay and offers special prizes and free spins. Don’t forget to check the game’s paytable to see the winning combinations. If you feel you’d enjoy the thrill of free spins and other special surprises, be sure to play Spiñata Grande, Guns ‘N Roses and Jurassic World.
– Video slots are usually digital and an excellent example of how microchip technology has changed the gambling industry. Technology is a wonderful thing as it has given us slot machines that allow us to enjoy excellent animations with 3D graphics. Video slots enhance our gaming experience because the features are fabulous. This includes Free Spins, Multipliers, Wild Symbols, Expanding wilds, Scatter Symbols and more. Top games for you to try are: Mega Fortune, Avalon II, Flaming Hot, Gonzos Quest and last but not least, Starburst.
– when you are feeling a little tired of normal slots, try the Megaspins slot machines. They are exhilarating as they allow you the possibility of playing two, four, six or even nine games at once. Don’t forget that each of the online slot machines within your MegaSpin game works independently. To play these slot games, select the machine that grabs your attention and then select how many games you want to play at once. Try your hand at MegaSpin Double Magic, MegaSpin Fantastic 7s, and MegaSpin High 5.
They are all three reel slot machines that let you play four, six or nine games. The MegaSpin Break da Bank Again slot game has five reels which take up most of the screen and four games. MegaSpin Major Millions is a progressive online slots game with a constantly turning Jackpot Meter on the screen, and here there are always six games. After you have decided which game to play, choose your coin size and how many coins you want to bet on each game. The fun begins when you click the Spin button and all your selected games will go into action simultaneously.
– If you’re looking to win a jackpot that could change your life, then you must try the progressive slots. Usually on a normal slot game the jackpot is a fixed amount, but on a progressive game, as players add coins to their machine a tiny percentage is used to “feed” the jackpot. Machines are linked from multiple casinos which allows the jackpot to accumulate into massive sums of money, often over £1 million and sometimes even over £10 million.
Try your luck now at some of the greatest Progressive Jackpot slots ever made! Mega Moolah won the Progressive Jackpot twelve times in 2017 and with a top payout prize of almost ten million Pounds, this one is a must! Other great Jackpot games include: Mega Fortunes Dreams, Beach Life, Major Millions and Jackpot Giant.
Symbols are those delightful colourful pictures on the reels that open a portal of fantasy. There are fruits, bars and bells and a world of colourful characters. When playing any slot game, refer to your pay table and observe the standard symbols that will create a winning combination.
Wild Symbols – Players love nothing more than a Wild! But what is this Wild? These little gems appear during your game to substitute for any other symbol giving you a much better chance of winning. For example, you can get a Wild-7-7 or 7-Wild-7 or 7-7-Wild and in essence you have hit the jackpot with three 7’s thanks to your Wilds.
Scatter Symbols – The little surprises that appear from nowhere and cause great delight. When these symbols appear three or more times during a spin, they activate a special bonus, mostly free spins.
A Bonus Round – A mini game within your game to win small bonuses and extra cash. When you get awarded Free Spins, you are guaranteed another round or two or more on the house. A Multiplier allows you to win big. They are usually Wild Symbols easy to disguise from other symbols. They substitute much like the Joker on a pack of cards and best of all they double or triple your winnings during regular and free spins. Some games offer even more excitement when they offer you Stacked Wild Symbols and Expanding Wilds that cover the entire screen and launch a large payout.
There you have it! The basics on how to play online slots. All that remains for you to do is choose a slot game that you feel you’d enjoy, read all the relevant information on the Pay Table page and spin those reels. Good luck!